ID Cards

  • Valid photo IDs include driver's licenses from any state expired no more than 5 years (if the voter is over 65 years of age an expired ID will be accepted), a US armed services card, US passport, a Motor Vehicle Dept. issued non-driver's ID card, valid student ID card (issued from a NH college, university or approved career school, a NH public high school, Dartmouth College, or NH community college).
  • Voters without photo ID driver's licenses may obtain a voucher from the Town Clerk to obtain a free photo voter ID at the Twin Mountain substation.
  • If you have no ID on the day of the election you may sign an affidavit to vote and will receive a follow up letter from the Attorney General asking for your verification.

What Type of ID will I Need to Vote?

  • You should provide one of the following:
  • Driver's license issued by any state or the federal government
  • Non-driver ID card issued by DMV
  • Photo ID for "voting ID only" card issued by NH DMV
  • US Armed Services ID card
  • US passport
  • A valid acceptable NH Student ID card
  • Other photo ID deemed legitimate by supervisors of the checklist, moderator or the town clerk

An acceptable photo ID must have an expiration date or date of issuance. The ID will remain valid 5 years beyond the expiration date or date of issuance unless the voter is 65 or older in which case the expiration date can be exceeded beyond 5 years.

What If I don't have an approved photo ID?

  • Any voter who does not present an approved photo ID will be permitted to vote after executing a "challenged voter affidavit".
  • A voter who does not have an approved photo ID may obtain a free photo ID for voting purposes only by presenting a voucher from their town clerk or the Secretary of State to any NH DMV office that issues IDs. (Sec of State # 271-3242)

If you have any questions, please call the Lyman Town Office at 603-838-6113 during regular business hours - Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm and Thursday from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm.