65 Parker Hill Road
Lyman, NH 03585

Selectmen's Office
603-838-5900 *
Mon-Wed-Thur 8:30am-3:30pm

Town Clerk/Tax Collector's Office
603-838-6113 *
Mon & Wed 8:00am-3:30pm, Thur 8:00am-1:30pm

Meetings are held biweekly at 6:00 pm at the Lyman Town Hall and are open to the public unless otherwise noted.

Monday - Aug 17, 2015
Monday - Aug 31, 2015

The Town of Lyman will be having an outdoor Summer Social at the Town Hall for Lyman residents and friends on Saturday, August 22nd from Noon to 3:00 pm

Grilled foods and beverages will be provided but feel free to bring a casserole, salad or dessert to share and a lawn chair, if you have one

Music by Jack Alexander

For more information, call the Lyman Town Hall at 603-838-5900

The Town of Lyman is offering the following property, which was acquired by tax deed in 2010, for sale by sealed bid on an "as is" basis with no warranty expressed or implied as to the chain of title or condition of the property:

Rural/Residential Building Lot - 2.4 Acres (more or less)
Hurd Hill Road - Map 210 Lot 033
Grafton County Registry of Deeds - Bk 3719 Pg 0169 and Bk 1842 Pg 0116
Current assessed value - $26,300
Minimum Bid - $20,000

Bids indicating the amount offered must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked "SEALED BID - HURD HILL ROAD PROPERTY". Fax or email bids will not be accepted. Bids must be received at the Lyman Selectmen's Office, 65 Parker Hill Road, Lyman NH 03585, no later than noon on Monday, August 31, 2015. Bids will be publicly opened at the Selectmen's Meeting that evening at 6:30 pm.

The successful bidder will provide the Town of Lyman with a 10% deposit on the property by cash, bank check or money order within 5 business days of acceptance of the bid. The balance to be delivered by cash, bank check or money order within 21 days of the acceptance of the bid. Failure to meet the payment deadlines will result in forfeiture of the bid deposit and right to the property. The Town will issue a Quitclaim Deed for the parcel within 5 business days of receipt of final payment.

The Town of Lyman reserves the right to accept or reject any and/or all bids or any part thereof, to waive any formality in the process, and to accept the bid considered to be in the best interest of the town. Failure to submit all information called for may be sufficient grounds for disqualification. The Town of Lyman reserves the right to cancel this bid request at any time for any reason.

All property sold will be subject to any easement, restriction or condition contained in the deed to the property. Taxes for the current year will be prorated from the date of the deeding and will be billed to the new owner(s). In the case of a tie bid the town will determine the high bidder by the toss of a coin.

Information about this property may be obtained from the Selectmen's Office during regular business hours - Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm or by calling 603-838-5900.

Lyman Board of Selectmen

All dogs four months old and older must be licensed EACH YEAR by April 30th.

License Fees: Current rabies certificate required.
Spaying or neutering certificate needed for discount.
Failure to license will make the owner liable to a penalty of $25.00 plus $1.00 interest per month after May 31st.

Options for obtaining a required State of NH Fire Permit: For questions, contact NH Division of Forest & Lands at 603-271-2214 or

You should provide one of the following:
* Driver's license issued by any state or the federal government
* Non-driver ID card issued by DMV
* Photo ID for "voting ID only" card issued by NH DMV
* US Armed Services ID card
* US passport
* A valid acceptable NH Student ID card
* Other photo ID deemed legitimate by supervisors of the checklist, moderator or the town clerk

An acceptable photo ID must have an expiration date or date of issuance. The ID will remain valid 5 years beyond the expiration date or date of issuance unless the voter is 65 or older in which case the expiration date can be exceeded beyond 5 years.

What If I don't have an approved photo ID?

Any voter who does not present an approved photo ID will be permitted to vote after executing a "challenged voter affidavit".

A voter who does not have an approved photo ID may obtain a free photo ID for voting purposes only by presenting a voucher from their town clerk or the Secretary of State to any NH DMV office that issues IDs. (Sec of State # 271-3242)

If you have any questions, please call the Lyman Town Office at 603-838-5900 during regular business hours - Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.


If you own real estate lots that were involuntarily merged by municipal action, you may be able to have those lots restored to their pre-merger status.

Your property may qualify if two or more lots were merged for zoning, assessing, or taxation purposes and the merger occurred:

* During your ownership, without your consent; or
* Prior to your ownership, if no previous owner consented to the merger.

To restore your property to pre-merger status, you must:

* Make a request to the local governing body no later than December 31, 2016.

Once restored:

* Your properties will once again become separate lots; however, they must still conform to applicable land use ordinances. Restoration does not cure non-conformity.

This notice must be:

* Posted continuously in a public place from January 1, 2012 until December 31, 2016, and
* Published in the 2011 through 2015 Annual Report.

Read the full statute at RSA 674:39-aa Restoration of Involuntarily Merged Lots.


The UNH T2 Center advised that cell phone numbers are being made public this month and provided information on how to block calls from telemarketing companies by registering cell phones and home phones with the National DO NOT CALL list. Call the following number from the phone you wish to have blocked: 1-888-382-1222. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.


As of June 17, 2014, town and city clerks are no longer required to mail Wetland Dredge and Fill permit application forms to NHDES. Town and city clerks are now only required to sign and certify that the municipality in which the property is located has received four copies of the application form and attachments. After the town or city clerks signs and certifies receipt of the application form and attachments, the applicant is responsible for either mailing or hand delivering the original permit application form and attachments to NHDES. Permit application forms can be hand delivered to NHDES during normal business hours; Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm.

Town or city clerks must still ensure a copy of the permit application form and attachment are provided to the local governing body, and, if any, the municipal planning board and the municipal conservation commission. The town or city clerk must also retain one copy of the permit application form and attachments to be made reasonably accessible to the public.

If you have questions about this new procedure, please call (603) 271-2147.


This website is intended to be a way for Lyman residents to get information about the town and foster a sense of community within the town.

The navigation bar along the left-hand side of the screen lists the main topic categories currently available and allows you to easily find information. You can always return to the home page by clicking on the website address in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

The first section of the navigation bar contains links to pages that concern the town government. Here you will find names and positions of elected officials, office hours for the Administrative Assistant and Town Clerk, meeting minutes, and other information.

There are various email links on the detailed pages of the site and also a link to the webmaster on every page, both in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and at the very bottom of the page.