The Town Clerk may issue a marriage license to the applicants the same day of the application, provided all signatures and statutory requirements are met:
- Proof of age
- Photo ID
- A certified copy of a death certificate of a former spouse if applicant is widowed
- A certified copy of a final divorce decree of the applicant is divorced
- A certified copy of an annulment decree if the applicant’s previous marriage was annulled
- Birth certificates of the applicants
- Both parties must appear in person to file marriage intentions as the signature of each is required.
- The license shall be valid for not more than 90 days from the date of filing.
- The marriage license fee is $50
Note: Any person shall be guilty of a Class B felony if he/she willfully and knowingly makes any false statement in an application for a certified copy of a vital record per RSA 126:24-I.
During office hours you may search the public portion of Town Record books on marriages, births, deaths