Motor Vehicle Registration

The Town Clerk’s Office accepts payments in the form of cash or check only.

Click here to access the NH Dept. of Motor Vehicles website

Vehicles can be registered during regular office hours or renewed by mail. Please bring your current registration(s) or renew-by-mail notice and your driver’s license with you. If you are registering a vehicle that is new to you, you must present a Certificate of Origin or a valid Title for vehicles year 2000 to the present or for trailers 3001 lbs. GVW and over. Vehicles older than this or trailers less than 3001 lbs. GVW require a bill of sale and one of the following:

  • A valid Title
  • A previous NH registration
  • A completed VIN Verification form (19A) (available at the office or on-line)

If you wish to transfer your plates to another newly purchased vehicle, you must surrender your present registration to the State of NH. Should you lose your registration or require a replacement, you can purchase one at the town office.

Proof of residency is required by the Town of Lyman and the State of NH for new residents to register vehicles. We will accept one of the following documents as long as it is recently dated:

  • Utility bill
  • Pay check stub
  • Rental/lease agreement
  • Driver’s License with a Lyman address
  • Check book with a Lyman address